Has we all, the newer improve Adam and Eve version has gone far and more advance than our very own predecessor? Or have we all gone too borderless in our society that we have more choice until we are unable to choose? Or are we too busy with our careers to go seek partners until it is too late (meaning you are too old? Then blame you are old?)
How about blaming the very old saying that one is being too choosy? Like a friend of mine saying that he or she should have certain things on such and such. At the end of the day, we all still know and say that not all things is perfect. Sometimes perfect things may have its other cons too.
I read somewhere and the person quoted that in Malaysia, the ratio of single women to single men is 15:1. This make me think, is this correct? Maybe it is correct. If you are one of them what would you do by now? Go hook yourself up in Friendster, MSN, Messenger, pubs, Ah Moi.com, and other matchmaking services? Why not? Otherwise, where will you find your partner? The point here is not getting yourself panick and start looking for a partner. My point is what happen to the basic principle of courting that resulted many of us crying no partners? Or actually the basic of courting is wrong?
Here let me list out the things that we all will consider (let it be the men's or the women's factor):
At the end of the day, this is what i have to say to ladies and gentlemen out there,
1. The ratio of 15 : 1 is not accurate, if this is so, i think 1 utama is full of single guys and gals. Most probably, the next time i rode up an escalator, i will see guys in a row and girls in the other row. Come on lar... Malaysian guys and Malaysian girls boleh lar...
2. I believe in fate and faith in meeting your partner. If fate comes then your faith in having a partner will come. Just be patience.
3. Be yourself and don't go ape over someone. Be cool. A simple start up line can be as nice as, "hi my name is !xobile, can i be your friend?" Don't you think that sound nice and polite. It works for ladies too. It does not show you are making the first move. Just a simple friendly introduction to kill the ice. Rather than cursing up your arse and trying to cook up something to get to know the girl. I met my wife like that. After all, men should always be brave and go up to the girl. I am a guy writing this so i will always insist that guy make the move first. Gentleman mar!
4. Courtship should be relaxing and fun. Don't fuss and fuse over small matters. Close one eye lar. If fuss and fuse like a dynamic then no point anymore. See also argue, over the phone also nag, eat also nag... what's the point of continuing the relationship? Unless you are the verbal-sadistic type lar... like to be verbally torture... hehehehehe...
5. Last but not least, stay honest and don't play play around. Think of yourself if you are in her shoe; the same goes for ladies. This are things that you will learn over time. Ladies like guys who think about them. Guys also in turn like ladies who cares about them. What is wrong to let one guard down for each other.
This will be my last entry for this blog. See you around.