Thursday, March 31, 2005

My Programming Story

When i started my very first web server programming i din know what are the languages available... and what is more to say is that what is web server programming or what is website programming. All i know is that i know how to surf the website and use the hotmail and yahoo. So begin my journey to the world of programming.

My very first program was a simple hello world program. It was written in visual basic and i learnt this very first program when i was studying in Sydney. It wasnt tough. Strangely i always wonder why would i switch my degree from Finance and Accounting to Information System degree. Anyway, i switched and went into Bachelor of Information System. My first program was hello world. Started learning the data types, basic condition and learning more logics. So my first programming lesson was in the year 1998. After that, i went ahead to learn C then visual basic again. Then lesson turn to Java. Then also learnt the OpenGL. However, at year 3 learning programming languages just stop. No further progress after that. Until industrial training again, did i really enjoy programming.

Anyway, at the very beginning i h-a-t-e programming like every students. Never like it. Until one day, that i finish ahead of everyone in OpenGL programming. That is where all started. OpenGL programming is like an enlightment to me. Therefore, this was my first enlightment to programming. More enlightment to come. My second enlightment was learning the web programming language. Now this is a story worth telling. I always love telling this story.

As an industrial trainee, i know nuts about web programming language. I can do away with simple HTML. But what about server side programming?
the sky is not the limit...

No comments: